Home // Slider (page 4)

Slider

POLICE SEARCH FOR MISSING HUNTER MAN

UPDATE: Jade Hawes has been found and is safe.   Police are seeking assistance to locate a missing Hunter man. 38 year old Jade Hawes was last seen leaving a home on Salisbury Road, Munni, north of Dungog, at around 4:30 on Saturday afternoon. He’s described as being of Caucasian appearance, about 160cm tall, with a thin build and short blond hair, and was last seen wearing denim shorts, thongs and no shirt. Police hold concerns for Jade’s walfare, as he suffers from a medical condition. He’s believed to be travelling in a Blue 2003 Nissan Patrol, with NSW registration number CG69JO, and no spare tyre on the rear. Anyone with information is urged to contact Crime Stoppers.  

Read More »

SIXTH PERSON ARRESTED AFTER POLICE DRUG INVESTIGATION

A sixth person has been charged after a police investigation into an alleged drug syndicate operating in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie areas. A 26 year-old-man was arrested at a Cameron Park home on Friday. He was charged with nineteen offenses including, supply and possession of a prohibited drug, knowingly deal with proceeds of crime and knowingly participate in criminal group assist crime. The arrest came as a result of Strike Force Castlehead which was set up in 2018 to investigate and stop drug syndicates operating in the Newcastle and Lake Macquarie areas. Five men were arrested in 2018 and were all charged with serious drug related offenses. The man was refused bail and will appear in front of Newcastle Local Court on Saturday.    

Read More »

HISTORIC MINE KNOCK BACK CITING IT’S EFFECT ON CLIMATE CHANGE

Opponents are celebrating a precedent-setting decision by the Land and Environment Court, to refuse the proposed Rocky Hill coal mine at Gloucester. A judge today upheld the state government’s original decision, while citing the mine’s effect on climate change. “I’m just so pleased to think that they’ve made this decision, they’ve thought of the community, and they’ve also thought of climate change,” said farmer Karen O’Brien. The decision follows a lengthy campaign from protest group, Groundswell Gloucester which have fought multiple mine proposals for more than a decade. In December 2017 the Planning and Assessment Commission refused the mine on a number of grounds however mine proponent Gloucester Resources Limited lodged an appeal in the Land and Environment Court. Today’s landmark ruling knocked back that appeal. GRL Chief Operating Officer Brian Clifford said he’s “disappointed that the New South Wales …

Read More »

2019 JETS V PHOENIX PHOTO GALLERY

The Newcastle Jets took on the Wellington Phoenix at McDonald Jones Stadium in an heart stopping mid-week clash. The Jets put first points on the board with the brilliant skills of Ronald Vargas dazzling the defence before finding the back of the net. The hero of the night was Glen Moss saving a critical penalty that left the score at 1-1. This leaves the Jets still in contention of making the finals.  

Read More »

MAN AND TEEN FACE COURT CHARGED WITH KIDNAPPING

A man and underage boy will today face court in Coffs Harbor following an alleged kidnapping in Coffs Harbour last month. Just after 9am on Thursday 24th January, police will allege two men aged 17 and 44, attended a hotel on Grafton Street and threatened a 20-year-old man. Police say the two men forced other male into a vehicle and threatened him with a hammer while driving through the streets of Coffs Harbour. The man managed to escape from the moving vehicle and contacted police. He suffered facial cuts and a minor head injury and was taken to Coffs Harbour Hospital for treatment. Officers arrested two men in relation to the incident yesterday morning. The 44-year-old Leonay man was arrested while walking along Harbour Drive, Coffs Harbour while the 17-year-old boy was arrested at a nearby unit. Both were charged …

Read More »

11 PEOPLE ARRESTED AND CHARGED IN MAJOR THEFT CRACK DOWN

A joint operation between Newcastle City and Lake Macquarie police has seen 11 people arrested in the last three days. Operation Disrupt was established to target recent vehicle thefts and break and enters in the greater Newcastle area. All were arrested and charged between Tuesday the 5th and Thursday the 7th of February with the assistance of PolAir and the Dog Unit. Commander of Newcastle City Police District, Superintendent Brett Greentree said; “Recent crime trends have seen an increase in both break and enters and vehicle thefts in the region and Operation Disrupt was established to specifically target these crimes across both commands,” “Through great police work we’ve been able to pro-actively target and disrupt this criminal activity, resulting in the arrest of the 11 people.” Supt Greentree said.

Read More »

SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MAN WHO SERIOUSLY ASSAULTED WOMAN IN NEWCASTLE

Police have renewed their call for witnesses to a shocking assault on a 21-year-old woman in Newcastle last month. The woman was seriously assaulted on Denison Street near the intersection with Parry Street, Newcastle West, between 11pm and midnight on Sunday the 20th of January. She was left in a serious but stable condition at John Hunter Hospital. When police attended the crime scene they were told a male assaulted the victim. That man, hasn’t been located. Investigators are now appealing for anyone who wittnessed the incident, or has information to come forward. He is being described as having long hair, and on the night was wearing a white shirt with a cross on the front. Newcastle PD Crime Manager, Detective Acting Inspector Anita Kruse, said; “Many people frequent the area during the day and night. “I am sure that …

Read More »