Firefighters are reminding locals to be vigilant as the region awaits rain.
Late yesterday, a small grassfire took hold near homes at Nemingha.
It’s understood to have started after welding sparks got away.
“Given the conditions we need everyone to sort of take the most precautions, the best precautions that they can. It’s very dry as you can see, as everyone knows,” Steve McDonald, Tamworth Fire and Rescue.
The blaze was soon extinguished, with firefighters also taking the time to rescue some local wildlife…
Saying they don’t discriminate when defending people, property or animals from fire.
“Firefighter O’Shea tends to have a bit of a knack for finding animals, he rescued a dog from a house fire we had the other week in West Tamworth, so it’s becoming a bit of a specialty of his.”
NOTE: AUDIO IN PARTS ONLY