RIVERVIEW BOWLS CARNIVAL UNDERWAY
October 16, 2011 at 3:36 pm
North Haven’s biggest bowls event of the year, the Riverview Carnival is underway.
The 53rd annual carnival has again attracted a strong field, with 420 teams signed up for the eight-day event.
Today it was the mixed fours taking to the greens at the North Haven Bowling Club, in a tournament which is as much about having socialising as it is winning trophies.
Some teams have travelled from Queensland, Sydney and the Central Coast to compete in the event which is one of the largest of its kind in the southern hemisphere.
Matches are being played in mixed, men’s and women’s divisions.
You may also be interested in:
- 54TH RIVERVIEW CARNIVAL IN NORTH HAVEN
- STATE FOOTBALL TITLES IN COFFS
- ST JOEY’S TRIUMPH AT CRL GALA DAY
- NAMBUCCA CHALLENGE CUP
- ELLA SEVENS RETURN TO COFFS
- Bruce Derkenne commented on MINERALS COUNCIL REPORT SHOWS SUPPORT FOR MINING
- LaVerne Gibson commented on MIXED REACTION AT COOLANGATTA SKATE PARK OPENING
- Michelle commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE
- yvonne michael commented on POLICE OUT IN FORCE FOR OPERATION CURFEW
- Vicky commented on VARIETY BASH – FOLLOW THEIR JOURNEY