More freedoms will be introduced in New South Wales when restrictions are eased on October 11.
The new Premier, Dominic Perrottet, announced in a press conference this morning that:
– 10 visitors will now be allowed to a home (up from five, and excluding children under 12)
– 30 people can attend an outdoor gathering (up from 20)
– 100 people can attend a wedding/funeral (up from 50)
– Indoor pools can also reopen (previously not allowed)
From the Monday after the state reaches the 80 percent double dose milestone:
– 20 visitors are allowed inside a home (excluding children under 12)
– 50 people at an outdoor gathering
– 3000 can attend a controlled and ticketed event (up from 500)
– Nightclubs reopen for seated drinking (no dancing)
– Masks not required in offices
In important news for parents, ALL school students will return to class-based learning by October 25.
Stage 2 and Stage 3 of the return-to-school plan will now be combined.
However, kindergarten, Year 1 and Year 12 students will still go back on October 18.