A man has faced court after allegedly being found with firearms, drugs and nearly $10,000 cash in Tweed Heads.
Police raided the man’s home on Minjungbal Drive, Tweed Heads, shortly after midnight.
Police found and seized a .22 calibre home-made pistol, electronic stun device, extendable baton, knife, and a number of prohibited drugs including alprazolam, cocaine, methylamphetamine, cannabis and gamma-butyrolactone.
More than $9,000 in cash was also seized which police allege is the proceeds of crime.
The 47-year-old has been charged with 15 offences including;
- Acquire pistol-subject to firearms prohibition order
- Possess unauthorised firearm
- Not keep firearm safely – pistol
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit (two counts)
- Possess prohibited drug (five counts)
- Supply prohibited drug (between indictable and commercial quantity) (four counts)
- Knowingly deal with proceeds of crime.
He was refused bail today, and will reappear at Tweed Heads Local Court on Tuesday.