A Woy Woy man has been found with drugs, cash and weapons after allegedly ramming into a petrol bowser while attempting to flee police on the Central Coast.
Just before 9:30pm yesterday, police found a man with a disqualified licence allegedly in the driver’s seat of a Ford Focus at a petrol station at Empire Bay.
When police approached the vehicle to speak with the man, he allegedly reversed and crashed into a petrol bowser.
The vehicle then drove forward towards officers before stalling.
The 24-year-old was arrested and taken to Gosford Police Station.
Police searched the vehicle and seized 5 grams of methylamphetamine (ice), $1800 cash, knuckle dusters and a mobile phone.
The damage to the petrol bowser is estimated at approximately $50,000.
The Woy Woy man was charged with 11 offences including:
- Drive motor vehicle during disqualification period
- Not stop vehicle when directed to do so
- Not give particulars to owner of damaged property
- Drive recklessly/furiously or speed/manner dangerous
- Use offensive weapon to prevent lawful detention
- Take and drive conveyance without consent of owner
- Possess or use a prohibited weapon without permit
- Possess prohibited drug
- Supply prohibited drug
- Deal with property proceeds of crime
- Goods in personal custody suspected stolen
He appeared in Newcastle Bail Court today via video-link from Gosford Police Station.
The 24-year-old was already on parole for previously stealing a car.
He was refused bail, with the matter adjourned for Gosford Local Court tomorrow.