POKOLBIN HOME DESTROYED BY FIRE

A couple in their 60s have had a lucky escape, after their home in the Hunter Valley was gutted by fire.

The property on Gillards Road at Pokolbin was engulfed by flames late on Thursday afternoon, with RFS and Fire & Rescue unable to save the house.

A 68-year-old man and a 69-year-old woman who lived at the address managed to escape uninjured, however the contents of the home were destroyed.

The fire isn’t being treated as suspicious, with initial investigations suggesting the blaze started in a circuit board in the laundry.