FIRE AT KING STREE BUILDING FORCES DOZENS TO EVAVUATE

It’s been a busy morning for fire crews, responding to several blazes.

The first broke out in a small weatherboard cottage at Swansea at around nine-thirty… shortly before a home at Lorne went up in flames.

A few hours later – a fire in a bathroom bin, forced the evacuation of the 65-people from the WEA building on Newcastle’s King Street.

Two people were treated for smoke inhalation, with the office forced to close for the day.

(VISION ONLY)

text will be replaced