SEARCH CONTINUES FOR MAN WHO SERIOUSLY ASSAULTED WOMAN IN NEWCASTLE

Police have renewed their call for witnesses to a shocking assault on a 21-year-old woman in Newcastle last month.

The woman was seriously assaulted on Denison Street near the intersection with Parry Street, Newcastle West, between 11pm and midnight on Sunday the 20th of January.

She was left in a serious but stable condition at John Hunter Hospital.

When police attended the crime scene they were told a male assaulted the victim. That man, hasn’t been located.

Investigators are now appealing for anyone who wittnessed the incident, or has information to come forward.

He is being described as having long hair, and on the night was wearing a white shirt with a cross on the front.

Newcastle PD Crime Manager, Detective Acting Inspector Anita Kruse, said;

“Many people frequent the area during the day and night.

“I am sure that some members of the public have witnessed this incident and, have either not realised what was happening, or have not yet spoken to officers.

“Motorists also pass through the precinct and I urge anyone with dashcam footage to review it, and see if they can assist our investigation,” Det Insp Kruse said.

Anyone with information should contact Newcastle Police Station or Crime Stoppers.