Ballina motorists are being warned, with this week’s king tides likely to cause localised flooding.
Although large tides in summer are nothing new, they often lead to minor flooding on some local roads.
The salt water can be damaging to vehicles with road users and pedestrians advised to avoid affected roadways where possible.
Roads likely to be affected include:
- Tamar Street, Ballina
- Riverside Drive, West Ballina
- River Street, West Ballina
- Burns Point Ferry Road, West Ballina
- Southern Cross Drive, North Ballina
- Uralba Road, Uralba
- Old Bangalow Road, Tintenbar
- Tamarind Dr, Cumbalum
- North Creek Road, North Ballina
For road information you can visit myroadinfo.com.au or call Ballina Shire Council on 1300 864 444.