CONFIRMED CASE OF PARVO-VIRUS IN THE UPPER HUNTER

Dog owners are advised to be vigilant and make sure their pets are vaccinated, after a confirmed case of parvo-virus.

Late last month, a stray dog was picked up near Timor and taken to the Murrurundi shelter, before being transferred to Scone, where it tested positive to the virus on Tuesday.

Dogs in the shelters that came into contact have been quarantined.

Parvo-virus is a highly infectious disease which can be fatal.

NOTE: FILE VISION ONLY

text will be replaced