New South Wales Ambulance is reminding North West residents how dangerous, a brown snake’s bite can be, following the death of a young girl at Walgett over the weekend.
The six year old was bitten just over a week ago, and although anti-venom was administered, she died in hospital on Saturday.
The service says it’s a timely reminder that in warmer months snakes are more active, and if someone is bitten triple zero should be called immediately.
Pressure also needs to be applied to the wound until help arrives.
[FILE FOOTAGE: PROFESSIONAL SNAKE HANDLER]
(VISION ONLY, NO AUDIO)