NINE RELEASED FROM HOSPITAL AFTER FISH POISONING

Nine people who became sick after eating a fish caught off Scotts Head on the weekend have all been released from hospital.

They shared a 25 kilogram Spanish Mackerel which was reeled in by Peter Joyce and his son on their boat on Sunday.

The Joyce family kept their share of the fish in the refrigerator but two other families ate fillets the same night it was caught.

Authorities have warned that Spanish mackerel weighing more than 10 kilograms can contain toxins and should not be eaten.