Three people had a lucky escape when their Range Rover caught fire just metres from a petrol station near Armidale airport this morning.
A 74-year-old man, his wife and a passenger pulled off the New England Highway to fill up at around 10.30 this morning.
Soon after, they noticed smoke and flames coming from underneath the bonnet, only 15 metres from the fuel bowsers.
Luckily, the fire brigade was having morning tea at the service station and a police crew was dropping off a prisoner at the airport when the fire broke out.
The Range Rover suffered extensive damage but no one was injured.
This text will be replaced