PM ANNOUNCES ROYAL COMMISSION INTO CLERGY ABUSE
November 12, 2012 at 6:11 pm
Prime Minister Julia Gillard has agreed to a royal commission into institutional responses to allegations of child abuse in Australia.
The Prime Minister says she hopes the royal commission will help with healing and ensure sexual abuse of children, including acts committed by members of the Catholic Church, never happen again.
Speaking in Canberra within the last half hour Ms Gillard said the terms of reference would be worked on in the coming weeks.
She’s added that she’s spoken to the Premiers of New South Wales and Victoria – both states which are already pursuing their own inquiries and says they’re both prepared to cooperate.
You may also be interested in:
- ROYAL COMMISSION INTO ABUSE CASES
- WINDSOR BACKS CALL FOR ROYAL COMMISSION
- FOX SOUGHT TO SPARK ROYAL COMMISSION
- BIKERS RIDING TO THE RESCUE OF ABUSED KIDS
- GILLARD VISIT TO HELP SECURE ROBERTSON FOR LABOR