ANGLICAN BISHOP STRIPS HOLY ORDERS FROM PRIESTS
September 10, 2012 at 1:37 pm
Newcastle Anglican Bishop Brian Farran has today stripped the holy orders from three priests and one lay person, and prohibited another priest from his position for five years, over sexual misconduct.
Andrew Duncan, Bruce Hoare and Graeme Lawrence were all deposed from holy orders as well as Greg Goyette, a lay person who will not be able to hold any lay office.
Graeme Sturt has also been removed from his position as rector of Cardiff and will be prohibited from the ministry for five years.
The decision is in line with a diocese professional standards board recommendation from 2010.
” The Professional Standards Board in open hearings considered some very disturbing material and determined that some of the respondents engaged in serious sexual misconduct including misconduct when the complainant was a child.” said Bishop Farren in a statement today.
“The respondents breached pastoral responsibility to a person or people in their care. The Board determined that each of them failed to report the misconduct when they were legally obliged to do so.”
You may also be interested in:
- THREE HUNTER ANGLICAN PRIESTS STRIPPED OF HOLY ORDERS
- ANGLICAN PRIESTS LOSE APPEAL IN SUPREME COURT
- ANGLICAN DISCIPLINARY HEARING SHOCK
- ANGLICAN CHURCH KEEPS QUIET OVER COMPLAINTS CLAIM
- BISHOP’S ANGUISH
- john hsrrison commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jeff Hardyman commented on NEWCASTLE LORD MAYOR JOHN TATE RETIRES
- Dee cross commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Brant commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY
- Doug Beckers commented on TOMAGO WETLANDS EARNS HIGH PRAISE