WEATHER UPDATE : The end of season seesaw
August 29, 2012 at 4:33 pm
Wednesday 29 August
The hot/cold trend continues. The only problem is the timing is off.
Every Monday to Friday for the past 3 weeks, the mercury rises a little further each day as the NW winds increase drawing masses of warm, dry air from the interior pushing it across the broadcast region producing temperatures well above above average for this time of the year.
Then just as the week winds down and we get ready for the weekend the cold air from the south comes marching back in.
That is exactly what is going to happen again this weekend. A few showers and storms will develop on Thursday, mostly about the northern ranges and SE QLD as the front moves through.
Saturday will be cold and windy for the Greater Hunter and the southern areas of the NW, Tablelands and Mid North Coast. The good news is it will all settle down and become a little warmer making for fine looking Fathers Day.
You may also be interested in:
- WEATHER UPDATE: HOT AND WINDY
- WEATHER UPDATE: WILD WEATHER ON THE WAY
- WEATHER UPDATE – SOME MUCH NEEDED RAIN
- WEATHER UPDATE: REMAINING WARM AND MOSTLY SUNNY
- WEATHER UPDATE – THE HOT DRY SPRING CONTINUES
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY
- Robyn commented on GOLD COAST MAN HIT BY CAR WHILE HELPING KOALA