DARCY GOODWIN POSTHUMOUSLY HONOURED
August 29, 2012 at 6:00 pm
Lismore will remember the late, Darcy Goodwin for his humanitarian work,
naming next year’s Australia Day Community Services Award in his honour.
The 82 year old passed away earlier this month and is best remembered for feeding the needy from his ‘five loaves mobile soup kitchen’.
“His whole life was dedicated to helping people a true christian and a wonderful addition to our community…sadly missed.”
Mr Goodwin was a recipient of the community service award in 1988.
You may also be interested in:
- MEMORIAL FOR DARCY GOODWIN
- FIVE LOAVES HELPS NEEDY FOR 20 YEARS
- SUPPORT FOR FOOD-RESCUE PROGRAM
- CIVIC TRIBUTES FOR TONY TAMPLIN
- PREMIER RECOGNISES COMMUNITY CONTRIBUTION