KAREN MURPHY MAKES IT 5
August 23, 2012 at 4:45 pm
Karen Murphy has won her fifth Australian Indoor Bowls Singles Championship, defeating fellow Cabramatta teammate Claire Duke 9-3 and 11-6.
The world number four was the tournament favourite from the start.
“I just love playing up here. It’s great fun. The crowds are great, the green’s great and the weather’s good you know why not.”
Earlier in the Men’s event, national team members and Helensvale clubmates, Brett Wilkie and Mark Casey, went head-to-head for the right to play Tweed bowler and former New Zealand international Paul Girdler.
Casey, the current Australian Singles’ champion, scraped home, winning 8-5 and 9-8.
The men’s final is underway now.
You may also be interested in:
- DELHI FIRES TRIO’S PASSION
- HELENSVALE BOWLERS TO REPRESENT OZ IN DEHLI
- FRASER-HOLMES INTO HIS SECOND OLYMPIC SWIMMING FINAL
- BOWLED OVER
- LENNOX HEAD WINS BIG
- Monica commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Christopher Clarke commented on MAN ESCAPES FROM BOOT AFTER ALLEGED ABDUCTION
- Christopher Clarke commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Brooke commented on TELE WORK WEEK LAUNCHED
- gsmyth commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE