WEEKEND WEATHER UPDATE: Winter is back
August 17, 2012 at 5:09 pm
After a wonderful well needed break from the icy, below average temperatures for August. We lapped up four days of above average daytime maximums but the cold air is back. Strong north west winds have ripped across the North West, Tablelands and Greater Hunter. There has been a weak rain band travelling just ahead of the cold air. Rain will turn to snow on the higher peaks of the Barringtons and and Tablelands overnight. There wont be a lot of snow but a couple of centimetres will fall for some locations.
The forecast is a simple one. The system will blow through quickly but we may see some damage overnight and during Saturday across the Hunter north west and Ranges from strong winds downing trees. Temperatures will drop for the weekend and the strong westerly winds will ease quickly on Sunday.
Boating won’t be much fun Saturday, Sunday will be the better day and the same goes for surfers once the new swell arrives. Skiers and snow boarders. If you have the next week in the clear hit the slopes for superb conditions in the mountains.
You may also be interested in:
- WEATHER UPDATE: END OF SEASON ROLLER COASTER
- WEATHER UPDATE: COLDEST WINTER WEEKEND SO FAR
- WEATHER UPDATE: ICY COLD NIGHTS
- WEATHER UPDATE: Weekend Forcast
- WEATHER UPDATE : The end of season seesaw
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY