MAN’S LUCKY ESCAPE AFTER TANKER CRASH
August 17, 2012 at 6:00 pm
A 73-year-old man had a lucky escape this afternoon, when a fuel tanker rolled onto his car at Rainbow Flat on the mid north coast.
The man was heading south on the Lakes Way, when he slowed as the vehicle in front of him entered a driveway.
The tanker, which was following the elderly man, couldn’t stop in time… and wound up landing on his car, crushing its back seat and boot.
Amazingly, the elderly driver walked away with just minor injuries, while two other drivers caught up in the crash, and the man driving the rig, escaped injury.
Fire crews worked to contain fuel leaking from the tanker.
You may also be interested in:
- DRIVER TRAPPED FOR OVER AN HOUR AFTER CRASH
- F3 DELAYS WITH LEAKING FUEL TANKER
- BALLINA FUEL TANKER FIRE CLOSES PACIFIC HIGHWAY
- THREE KILOMETRE OIL SPILL AT PACIFIC HIGHWAY EWINGSDALE
- CLOSE CALL FOR GIANT KNIGHT