WEATHER WARNING FOR HUNTER AND MID NORTH COAST
August 10, 2012 at 1:55 pm
A severe weather warning has been issued as damaging wind and surf develops across the Hunter and Mid North Coast.
The Bureau of Meteorology is predicting wind gusts to hit more than 90km/h.
Heavy surf is also expected to batter the coast, possibly causing localised damage and coastal erosion.
People are being warned to:
- Stay away from surf and surf exposed areas
- Move vehicles under cover or away from trees,
– Secure or put away loose items around your house, yard and balcony.
– Keep clear of fallen power lines.
You may also be interested in:
- SEVERE WEATHER WARNING FOR HUNTER AND NORTH COAST
- BIG SURF EROSION WARNING
- STORMS CUTS POWER TO 3000 HOMES
- POPULAR WALKING TRACK FACES 6-MONTH CLOSURE
- WILD WEATHER MOVING NORTH
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY