JOHN PIRONA FAREWELLED
August 8, 2012 at 5:03 pm
Friends and family of John Pirona have gathered at Lake Macquarie, to say their final goodbyes.
Mr Pirona’s body was found near Tomago late last month – he’d been battling the pain of being abused by a Hunter priest in the 1970s.
Today he was farewelled with a guard of honour by his New South Wales Fire and Rescue colleagues.
Mr Pirona’s father has called for a Royal Commission into the Catholic Church’s handling of sex abuse cases.
You may also be interested in:
- SHADOW CABINET BACKS ROYAL COMMISSION
- BISHOP IN SUPPORT OF SEX ABUSE INQUIRY
- PM ANNOUNCES ROYAL COMMISSION INTO CLERGY ABUSE
- FOX SOUGHT TO SPARK ROYAL COMMISSION
- CLAIMS OF “CATHOLIC MAFIA” DENIED
- Jeff Hardyman commented on NEWCASTLE LORD MAYOR JOHN TATE RETIRES
- Dee cross commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Brant commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY
- Doug Beckers commented on TOMAGO WETLANDS EARNS HIGH PRAISE
- Brad Coulter commented on CARRINGTON RAIL DEPOT APPROVED