SEARCH ABANDONED FOR MAN OVERBOARD
July 9, 2012 at 5:00 pm
The search for a man who fell from a bulk carrier off the far north coast on Saturday has been abandoned.
Three rescue helicopters, a plane and water police spent the past two days scouring water between Byron Bay and Evans Head.
It’s understood the 36-year-old Ukrainian wasn’t wearing a lifejacket when he went missing from the Cyprus-registered Blue Wave.
Medical experts say it’s unlikely he would have survived past midday today.
“The window does get smaller the longer he’s out there and not found”
“we would have really liked to have found him this morning”
The bulk carrier has resumed its voyage to Newcastle.
You may also be interested in:
- HOPES FADING TO FIND MISSING WORKER WHO FELL OVERBOARD
- CAR BURSTS INTO FLAMES ON CENTRAL COAST
- BULK CARRIER CREWMAN SUFFERS FACIAL INJURIES
- MISSING MAN FOUND
- THREE MEN RESCUED FROM SINKING TRAWLER
- Janakan Srikhanta commented on FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRY SET TO SELF COMBUST, FORUM HEARS
- jacki wright commented on MAN’S BEST FRIEND CELEBRATED
- Show Me The Data commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Christine Dixon commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Ban CSG commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING