GROMS SERVE UP SURF FEST
July 4, 2012 at 5:09 pm
Coolangatta whiz kid, Holly-Sue Coffee was one of the big winners today at the prestigious Occy’s Grom Comp at Duranbah.
She was unstoppable in the Under 16 Girls Final .. Posting an impressive two-wave total of 14 point 3-3 to take home the trophy.
It was wave for wave in the Under 16 Boys Final .. Novacastrian, Jackson Baker edging out Yamba young gun, Jeames Young.
“It was a close final with Leonardo and I’m stoked it was my first time we’ve had these man on man heats and it’s my first year in under 16 division so I’m stoked to get in the final.”
A win at Occy’s Grom Comp can be a major stepping stone for young surfers.
Several past champions now compete at the elite level.
You may also be interested in:
- SPECTACULAR FINALS AT OCCY GROM COMP
- OCCY GROM COMP HEATS UP AT D-BAR
- GREAT WAVES BRING OUT BEST IN GROM FEST
- TOMMY BOUCAUT PROGRESSES IN OCCY GROM COMP
- MITCH PARKINSON TAKES OUT VQS TOURNAMENT
- Christopher Clarke commented on MAN ESCAPES FROM BOOT AFTER ALLEGED ABDUCTION
- Christopher Clarke commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Brooke commented on TELE WORK WEEK LAUNCHED
- gsmyth commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE
- Adriana commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE