GREAT WAVES BRING OUT BEST IN GROM FEST
July 2, 2012 at 5:51 pm
Some of the slickest young surfers in the southern hemisphere have been “lighting up” at the iconic Occy Grom Comp.
Duranbah dished up some “fun-sized” waves today – competitors enjoying the cleanest swells around midday.
Zane Clifford scored one of the rides of the morning – milking this wave right from the back bank into the shore.
Quinn Bruce was another stand out competitor – and not just because of his bright yellow rashie.
The event is held annually to honour Occhilupo’s 1999 world title win.
Finals are on Wednesday.
You may also be interested in:
- STUDENTS FALL SILENT IN HONOUR OF KILLED COMPETITOR
- ANOTHER HERO IN CATHERINE HILL BAY RESCUE
- DRAW IN FINAL OF GOLD COAST RUGBY CARNIVAL
- AVOCA THIRD IN NATIONAL SURFTAG FINAL
- GROMS HIT TOWN FOR D-BAH EVENT