GOVERNMENT OFFER FOR DIVE SHIPS EXTENDED
June 29, 2012 at 5:50 pm
The idea of sinking two decommissioned navy ships off the Gold Coast, may not be dead in the water after all.
Canberra had offered the ships to our State government, to use as dive wrecks or artificial reefs.
But Campbell Newman rejected the offer, because of the pressure to commit 10 million dollars by July six.
That deadline has now been extended and is flexible.
You may also be interested in:
- ARTIFICAL REEF TO OFFSET REGION’S NATURAL BEAUTY
- LNP PLEDGES TO FIX BROADWATER ISSUES
- FEARS GOLD COAST EVENT FUNDING WILL BE CUT BY LNP
- DEBATE OVER POLICE CHOPPER CONTINUES
- WORLD’S LARGEST ARTIFICIAL DIVE SITE COULD BE ON THE COAST
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY