ENERGY MINISTER SUPPORTS PROJECT REVIEW
June 20, 2012 at 3:41 pm
The state’s energy minister has supported calls for a review of TransGrid’s $100-million proposed electricity upgrade from Stroud to Lansdowne.
Myall Lakes MP Steve Bromhead wrote to the minister in April, to express concern about the scale of the project.
Mr Bromhead called for the upgrade to be looked at again after new electricity demand forecasts are released in a few weeks.
Local community groups have welcomed the announcement.
You may also be interested in:
- BROMHEAD OPPOSES DEVIATION OF CORRIDOR
- BROMHEAD OPPOSES TRANSGRID PROJECT
- TRANSGRID EXTENDS SUBMISSION DEADLINE
- TRANSGRID PROJECT COULD BE DEFERRED
- CONCERNS OVER ELECTRICTY UPGRADE