WOMAN’S BODY FOUND AFTER CENTRAL COAST ROCK FISHING ACCIDENT
June 17, 2012 at 12:16 pm
A young woman has died and a major search operation is underway to locate two men missing from a Central Coast beach.
The alarm was raised after a member of the public found fishing equipment abandoned on a rock shelf at Moonee Beach, within the Munmorah State Conservation Area, at about 6.30 this morning.
The body of an 18-year-old Edgeworth woman was found washed up on Ghosties Beach at around 9.30am.
Inquiries have revealed the teenager travelled to the area with two male friends, aged 18 and 20.
A major search operation is now underway for the two men.
Police have located a car belonging to the young woman’s family at Catherine Bay Hill, while clothing belonging to all three teenagers was found on the beach.
Inquiries into the circumstances surrounding the woman’s death are ongoing.
Anyone with information that might assist investigating officers is asked to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.
You may also be interested in:
- SEARCHERS FIND BODIES OF THREE MORE ANGLERS
- FATAL HIT AND RUN IN PORT MACQUARIE
- FAMILY AND FRIENDS REMAIN HOPEFUL TEENS WILL BE FOUND
- COUPLE THREATENED AT HIGHWAY REST STOP
- SEARCH FOR MISSING TEENAGER CONTINUES CABARITA
- Show Me The Data commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Christine Dixon commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Ban CSG commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- carol s commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Peter T commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING