SWIMMERS AIMING FOR STATE CHAMPS
May 19, 2012 at 3:03 pm
Hundreds of swimmers dived into Forster pool today, for the Short Course Qualifying Carnival.
Some as young as seven competed, travelling from Sydney, Newcastle and the North Coast.
The event saw an astonishing 700 plus race entries, and featured a number of national age champions, including Forster’s Jesse King.
“What they’ll be trying to do is qualify for the Country, State and National Short Course Qualifying Championships. They’re all held at Homebush at the Olympic pool so they need qualifying times and this is a proper qualifying event.”
You may also be interested in:
- FORSTER TO HOST SWIMMING CARNIVAL
- FUTURE BRIGHT FOR YOUNG SWIMMERS
- 800 COMPETING IN REGIONAL ATHLETICS CHAMPS
- SWIMMERS SET FOR STATE SHORT COURSE
- TERRIGAL DUO OFF TO GERMAN CUP