MAN ARRESTED OVER AMMUNITION HAUL
April 19, 2012 at 12:08 pm
Police have allegedly seized thousands of rounds of ammunition during a house raid in Mayfield West.
The haul includes around 10,000 rounds of ammunition, 7kg of gun powder, firearm parts, ammunition manufacturing equipment and fireworks.
A 42-year-old man was arrested and taken to Waratah Police Station.
He appeared briefly in court this morning with the judge describing the matter as “troubling”.
His application for bail was refused this afternoon and the case has been adjourned until Monday.
You may also be interested in:
- AMMO AND GUN SEIZED IN MAJOR NEWCASTLE POLICE OPERATION
- BAGGALEY BROTHERS IN COURT
- MAN CHARGED OVER WARATAH MURDER
- 60 YEAR-OLD MAN CHARGED WITH HISTORIC CHILD SEX OFFENCES
- BAIL REFUSED OVER TRAIN ASSAULT
- Bruce Derkenne commented on MINERALS COUNCIL REPORT SHOWS SUPPORT FOR MINING
- LaVerne Gibson commented on MIXED REACTION AT COOLANGATTA SKATE PARK OPENING
- Michelle commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE
- yvonne michael commented on POLICE OUT IN FORCE FOR OPERATION CURFEW
- Vicky commented on VARIETY BASH – FOLLOW THEIR JOURNEY