PADDLE FOR LIFE CRUISES TO CORAKI
April 14, 2012 at 4:15 pm
Despite the threat of rain, the first leg of a 93 kilometre charity paddle from Lismore to Ballina took off this morning from The Wilsons River.
“3, 2, 1, Happy Paddling.”
For the next two days, 47 competitors will put their upper body strength to the test, to raise money for Southern Cross LADS and Summerland Early Intervention.
While today’s 39 kilometre cruise was the longest leg, it’s wasn’t all hard work.
“We are going to paddle about 20 k’s down the River to Wyrallah, stop and have lunch there, then back in the water and We’ll stop at the Coraki Caravan park for the night.”
It’s hoped the Paddle for Life will raise over $5000 – it’ll finish at Ballina on Monday.
You may also be interested in:
- CALL GOES OUT TO CANOEISTS
- PADDLE POWER RAISES $7000 FOR CHARITY
- PADDLERS RAISE THOUSANDS FOR CHARITY
- KAYAKER AIMS TO K.O. DEPRESSION
- NEWCASTLE GRANDFATHER SMASHES PADDLE WORLD RECORD
- edipromielo commented on LENNOX HEAD’S FORMIDABLE NEW FORCE
- Show Me The Data commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Christine Dixon commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Ban CSG commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- carol s commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING