AUSSIE FIRST BUDDHIST MONUMENT TAKING SHAPE
March 29, 2012 at 5:00 pm
A sacred Buddhist monument designed to last 1000 years is taking shape at the Crystal Castle.
The Kalachakra Stupa, is the first of it’s kind in the Southern Hemisphere and is meant to be a good omen in times of war, conflict and natural disasters.
Today monks placed sacred scrolls and objects inside the monument, before it was sealed shut.
“The Tibeten buddhist believe just seeing a stupa, being involved with it or just touching it or being around it in any form is good for Karma and spiritual development”
The monument should be finished before the end of the year.
You may also be interested in:
- MONKS BLESS THE CRYSTAL CASTLE’S NEWEST ADDITION
- SPIRITUALITY COMES TO MULLUMBIMBY
- MULLUMBIMBY PRODUCER UP FOR GRAMMY RECOGNITION
- THAI COMMUNITY WELCOMES IN NEW YEAR
- CHEMIST STAFF ALLEGEDLY ATTACKED
- LaVerne Gibson commented on MIXED REACTION AT COOLANGATTA SKATE PARK OPENING
- Michelle commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE
- yvonne michael commented on POLICE OUT IN FORCE FOR OPERATION CURFEW
- Vicky commented on VARIETY BASH – FOLLOW THEIR JOURNEY
- Phil Singh commented on SUPPORT FOR OLD SYDNEY TOWN