BELLINGEN TO ACCESS NATURAL DISASTER FUNDS
January 30, 2012 at 4:02 pm
With floodwaters and river levels receding across the mid-north coast, local councils have begun assessing the extent of the flood damage.
The Bellingen Shire Council says the region’s sodden road network has been one of the worst hit, urgently calling for the state government to activate natural disaster funding.
And this evening following a damage assessment, the State Government announced Natural Disaster Declarations for a number of councils across Northern NSW.
The Natural Disaster Declarations apply to the Bellingen, Byron, Kyogle, Lismore and
Richmond Valley Shire Local Government Areas.
You may also be interested in:
- NORTHERN NSW FLOOD DECLARATIONS EXTENDED
- WALCHA DECLARED NATURAL DISASTER
- NORTHERN RIVERS RECEIVE HELPING HAND CLEANUP
- NAMBUCCA SHIRES MISSES DISATER FUNDING
- MORE HELP FOR FLOOD-AFFECTED FARMERS
- Fiona McCormick commented on FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRY SET TO SELF COMBUST, FORUM HEARS
- Bruce Derkenne commented on MINERALS COUNCIL REPORT SHOWS SUPPORT FOR MINING
- LaVerne Gibson commented on MIXED REACTION AT COOLANGATTA SKATE PARK OPENING
- Michelle commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE
- yvonne michael commented on POLICE OUT IN FORCE FOR OPERATION CURFEW