MAN DROWNS SWIMMING TO BOAT
July 31, 2011 at 5:03 pm
A 48-year-old Port Stephens man drowned in waters off Snapper Island, at Nelson Bay last night.
The man and his fiancee were camping at the island, when they noticed their boat had drifted off shore.
He then tried to swim after the vessle, but got into difficulty and disappeared from sight.
Search crews found the man’s body floating one kilometre from the island.
You may also be interested in:
- SEARCH FOR MISSING MAN AT HINZE DAM CONTINUES
- POLICE INVESTIGATE BOAT DEATH
- SEARCH FOR BODY CONTINUES
- SEARCH CEASES FOR SWIMMER MISSING IN WOOLGOOLGA
- DEAD WHALE FLOATING OFF BALLINA
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY