NBN NEWS CENTRAL COAST UPDATE
July 19, 2011 at 11:33 am
Qantas long-haul pilots will take their first industrial action in 45 years from Friday.
Pilots want a new clause in their contracts to stop Qantas from potentially outsourcing to cheaper bases in Asia.
Julia Gillard is spruiking her carbon price package in the Lake Macquarie suburb of Mandalong.
She’s reassuring coal miners her carbon tax will not stop future generations working in the industry.
Central Coast business executives will trade their suits for sleeping bags next month, to raise awareness of homelessness.
But they wont just be braving the cold – instead they’ll be sleeping next to crocodiles, snakes and spiders at the Australian Reptile Park.
In surfing, Avoca’s Adrian Buchan has returned to form, waltzing through to round three of the WCT event in J-Bay.
And Gosford trainer John McNair says his star sprinter Hay List is still receiving treatment for a leg infection at the Australian Equine Centre.
The gelding is not yet in the clear.
You may also be interested in:
- NBN NEWS FAR NORTH COAST UPDATE
- NBN NEWS GOLD COAST UPDATE
- NBN NEWS NORTH WEST UPDATE
- BUCHAN FINISHES FOURTH IN SURFING WORLD CUP
- NBN NEWS MID NORTH COAST UPDATE
- Amanda collings commented on TRUCK DRIVER KILLED IN HIGHWAY CRASH
- Heidi and Haddon commented on TRUCK DRIVER KILLED IN HIGHWAY CRASH
- Christine, Ray & family commented on TRUCK DRIVER KILLED IN HIGHWAY CRASH
- Corey & Brianna commented on TRUCK DRIVER KILLED IN HIGHWAY CRASH
- John May commented on TRUCK DRIVER KILLED IN HIGHWAY CRASH