FLAGS HERALD START OF NAIDOC
July 4, 2011 at 5:14 pm
NAIDOC Week celebrations are underway on the Mid North Coast.
A flag-raising ceremony on Port Macquarie’s Town Green heralded the start of a packed program of activities across the region.
Young people were involved in today’s ceremony, hoisting the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags, accompanied by Steve Donovan on the didgeridoo.
The Birpai and Bunya Local Aboriginal Land Councils will host a number of events this week, including a NAIDIOC family day at Bourne House and a health day at Wauchope.
The local program will wrap up on Saturday with the Koorilympics at Roto House.
You may also be interested in:
- PORT’S NAIDOC FAMILY FUN DAY
- MORE $$ FOR INDIGENOUS COUNCIL PROJECTS
- TWO ARRESTED OVER URALLA HOME INVASION
- BALLINA LIGHTHOUSE SURF CLUB CLOSER TO CONTRUCTION
- LOCAL POLICE AWARDED FOR SERVICE
- FRED CONSIDINE commented on TROJANS SIGN FORMER WALLABY
- Alisha butterfield commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jane-E commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Christine commented on COUNCIL APPROVES PLANS FOR LAKE MACQUARIE SUBURB
- Jodie commented on GOLD COAST MAN HIT BY CAR WHILE HELPING KOALA