BELONGIL BEACH TO GET MORE TLC
June 25, 2011 at 6:11 pm
Just under $740,000 will be spent on fixing an erosion prone beach on the far north coast.
Belongil Beach, just north of Byron Bay, was considerably damaged during a series of storms and big seas in 2009.
The state government has announced a $738,000 natural disaster grant for Byron Shire Council, which has been gradually repairing the popular stretch over the past two years.
The money will go towards fixing seawalls and patching up pathways.
You may also be interested in:
- BELONGIL’S POLLUTION PROBLEM
- GRANT FOR JUNE FLOODS
- BELLINGEN TO ACCESS NATURAL DISASTER FUNDS
- RATE RISE FOR BYRON AND BALLINA
- ROAD’S FUTURE IN DOUBT
- FRED CONSIDINE commented on TROJANS SIGN FORMER WALLABY
- Alisha butterfield commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jane-E commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Christine commented on COUNCIL APPROVES PLANS FOR LAKE MACQUARIE SUBURB
- Jodie commented on GOLD COAST MAN HIT BY CAR WHILE HELPING KOALA