COAL SEAM GAS TALKS HIT MOREE
June 23, 2011 at 4:51 pm
Moree residents will have their say on proposed mining projects in the area next week.
A public forum on Tuesday will discuss coal seam gas extraction.
Representatives from Santos and Eastern Star Gas will answer questions on projects and their impact on the region.
The meeting comes after council placed a 60 day moratorium on further surveys, drilling and exploration within the shire.
The ban was established to allow time to identify council’s position on the mining activity.
You may also be interested in:
- BYRON VOTES FOR MORATORIUM ON COAL SEAM GAS
- KYOGLE COUNCIL CALLS FOR MORATORIUM ON COAL SEAM GAS
- BYRON COUNCIL TAKES A STAND AGAINST CSG
- BYRON SHIRE COMMUNITY URGED TO HAVE ITS SAY ON TRANSPORT
- COMMUNITY MEET TO DISCUSS GAS