WILL AND KALE’S EXCELLENT ADVENTURE
June 19, 2011 at 3:00 pm
Teenagers often get a bad rap, but two Coffs Harbour students are going a long way to challenge that stereotype.
Will Ashley and Kale Teece from Bishop Druitt College are riding to Sydney on their pushbikes, sweating through 585 kilometres in the name of charity.
“We’re raising money for the Australian Cancer research foundation and our aim is to raise $10,000 which we’ve almost reached”
Both have family who’ve been affected by cancer, so cancer research was the obvious cause to support after they were challenged by a friend to tackle the mammoth ride.
“She said why don’t you give it a go, ride to Sydney and we though why not, we’ll give it a go.”
The pair will leave Coffs Harbour on Friday with the full blessing of their parents and school, and hope to arrive at the Opera House on Wednesday.
You may also be interested in:
- WILL AND KALE’S ADVENTURE BEGINS
- TEENS COMPLETE DREAM RIDE
- TEEN RIDERS ALMOST HALF WAY
- DUO MANAGES SKI MARATHON
- BIKERS “POKER RUN” RAISES MONEY FOR CANCER RESEARCH
- Joanne commented on BREEN BENEFIT SUPPORTS KIDS AFTER TRAGIC NIGHT
- Dim commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY
- Sharon Ghattas commented on BREEN BENEFIT SUPPORTS KIDS AFTER TRAGIC NIGHT
- avril williams commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Kathleen Sumpter commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY