AUSTRALIA SCORES BRONZE IN SQUASH WORLD CUP
March 13, 2011 at 5:00 pm
Yamba Squash player Cameron Pilley has helped Australia to the bronze medal at the Squash World Cup in India.
The world number 14 put the third seeds into the lead, with a straight set win over Malaysia’s Asyraf Azan.
It came down to a tie breaker, when Toowoomba’s Rachael Grinham was defeated.
But Hobart’s Aaron Frankcomb put in a convincing performance in the decider to put Australia in the medals.
Meantime, Lismore’s Ryan Cuskelly missed out on a finals spot in the Manitoba Open tournament in Canada, going down in straight sets to Englands Adrian Grant in the semi finals.
You may also be interested in:
- CUSKELLY FIGHTS TO PLAY FOR AUSTRALIA
- CUSKELLY CLIMBS THE WORLD RANKINGS
- BROWN OUT OF AUS SQUASH OPEN
- GRAFTON’S JACOB SULLIVAN ACES EASTER CLASSIC
- TAREE LOCAL THROUGH TO FINALS OF US SQUASH OPEN
- Neree Lambert commented on RIDE AROUND AUSTRALIA FOR MOTOR NEURON DISEASE
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY