BLUE-GREEN ALGAE RED ALERT FOR TOONUMBAR DAM
February 27, 2011 at 4:39 pm
People are being urged to avoid contact with water at Toonumbar Dam, near Kyogle, with the New South Wales government issuing a blue-green algea alert.
The algae can cause skin rashes, asthma and other health problems to humans and possible death to animals.
State Water is monitoring the problem.
You may also be interested in:
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE ALERT FOR CLARRIE HALL DAM
- RED ALERT FOR BYRON’S BAYWOOD CHASE ESTATE
- AMBER ALGAE ALERT AT LAKE AINSWORTH
- STAY OUT OF SPLIT ROCK DAM
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE FOUND IN LAKE AINSWORTH
- Vicky commented on VARIETY BASH – FOLLOW THEIR JOURNEY
- Phil Singh commented on SUPPORT FOR OLD SYDNEY TOWN
- Janakan Srikhanta commented on FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRY SET TO SELF COMBUST, FORUM HEARS
- jacki wright commented on MAN’S BEST FRIEND CELEBRATED
- Show Me The Data commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING