MAN ALLEGEDLY CLOCKED AT 119km/h IN A 50 ZONE
January 31, 2011 at 5:26 pm
Police say they’re appalled at a spike in drink driving offences in the Richmond Command at the weekend.
The worst case was a 40-year-old Lismore man who was allegedly clocked driving at 119 kilometres per hour in a 50 zone along Oliver Avenue on Saturday night.
Police allege he was three times the legal limit.
“Its just stupid to be doing excessive speed at the best of times and in built up areas and let alone people who are under the influence, that particular person is before the courts now.”
Police say its a timely reminder that they are out in force, and people doing the wrong thing can expect to be caught.
You may also be interested in:
- DRINK DRIVING BLITZ
- POLICE DISAPPOINTED WITH OPERATION UNITE RESULTS
- CASINO DRIVER ALLEGEDLY CAUGHT DRIVING SEVEN TIMES THE LEGAL LIMIT
- POLICE CRACKDOWN ON DRINK & DRUG DRIVING
- EASTER BLITZ
- Monica commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Christopher Clarke commented on MAN ESCAPES FROM BOOT AFTER ALLEGED ABDUCTION
- Christopher Clarke commented on GALLERY: FIVE FLEE FIRE AT WICKHAM
- Brooke commented on TELE WORK WEEK LAUNCHED
- gsmyth commented on VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR STUDY INTO DEPRESSION AND EXERCISE