BLUE-GREEN ALGAE ALERT FOR CLARRIE HALL DAM
January 30, 2011 at 4:38 pm
People are being warned to steer clear of Clarrie Hall Dam, with the State Government issuing a blue-green algae ‘red alert’.
The contaminated water can cause skin rashes, asthma and other health problems in adults and possible death to animals.
Tweed Shire Council is monitoring the situation at the dam, and says town drinking water is not affected by the outbreak.
You may also be interested in:
- BLUE-GREEN ALGAE RED ALERT FOR TOONUMBAR DAM
- FLUORIDE DEBATE
- US TV SERIES TO BE FILMED AT THE TWEED
- TWEED’S INFECTED WATER SUPPLY
- SEEK SUN TO SEEK LIFE – THE LOW DOWN ON VITAMIN D
- Fiona Worrall commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- FRED CONSIDINE commented on TROJANS SIGN FORMER WALLABY
- Alisha butterfield commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jane-E commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Christine commented on COUNCIL APPROVES PLANS FOR LAKE MACQUARIE SUBURB