CORONER HANDS DOWN FINDINGS OVER BELMONT SHOOTING
September 8, 2010 at 7:05 pm
The family of a man shot dead by police at Lake Macquarie has criticised the findings of a coronial inquest.
While satisfied with the actions of police, the Deputy State Coroner recommended mandatory training for officers in dealing with the mentally ill, and called for doctors to better follow-up with patients needing regular medication.
You may also be interested in:
- POLICE INVESTIGATE DOUBLE SHOOTING
- ARMED MAN SHOT DEAD BY POLICE NEAR TENTERFIELD
- COP FAREWELLS THE FORCE AFTER 40 YEARS
- POLICE HUNTING TWO MEN WHO SHOT AT POLICE CAR IN LAKE MACQUARIE
- MAN DRIVES CAR INTO PARTNER WHILE KIDS WATCH