April 11, 2010 at 6:17 pm
An elderly man has died in a Hunter hospital from a suspected case of meningococcal disease.
Doctors say it’s a reminder of the seriousness of the illness, which normally affects children, teenagers and young adults.
If confirmed, it’ll be the second death and fourth confirmed case of the disease in the region this year.
You may also be interested in:
- SUSPECTED MENINGOCOCCAL CASE
- WOMAN DIES FROM MENINGOCOCCAL IN HUNTER
- NEW ENGLAND MENINGOCOCCAL CASE
- TEENAGE BOY SERIOUS WITH MENINGOCOCCAL
- FIRST MENINGOCOCCAL CASE CONFIRMED IN HUNTER FOR 2012
- Joanne commented on BREEN BENEFIT SUPPORTS KIDS AFTER TRAGIC NIGHT
- Dim commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY
- Sharon Ghattas commented on BREEN BENEFIT SUPPORTS KIDS AFTER TRAGIC NIGHT
- avril williams commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Kathleen Sumpter commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY