SYDNEY MAN DROWNS AT BLUEY’S BEACH
January 26, 2010 at 3:52 pm
There’s been another drowning along the New South Wales coast, the fourth in a week.
The 61-year-old Sydney man was seen floating in the surf at Bluey’s Beach, south of Forster last night, after going bodysurfing.
Tony Beavis, an off duty surf lifesaver spotted the man and rushed to help.
“As I stood up, a guy about 50 metres up the beach stood up as well. We’ve both raced down, dragged him out of the water, he was unconscious at that stage, not moving.”
Despite the best efforts of bystanders and paramedics, the man could not be revived.
You may also be interested in:
- SHARK ATTACK NEAR NEWCASTLE
- MYSTERY SWIMMER IDENTIFIED
- BIG GOLD COAST SURF CLAIMS A LIFE
- BOARD RIDERS HAILED AS HEROES AFTER SURF RESCUE
- CHILD PULLED FROM SURF NEAR COFFS
- daughter commented on FATAL CRASH NEAR LOCHINVAR
- Eloise Sinnott commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- Mel commented on FREE WI-FI A BIG BONUS FOR LOCALS AND VISITORS TO NEWCASTLE
- shaz g commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Judy Latham commented on SHEARS CLICK AS SEASON GETS UNDERWAY