RAIL PROTEST FULL STEAM TO SYDNEY
October 20, 2009 at 3:55 pm
A group from the Hunter’s Save Our Rail movement joined a protest in Sydney today, over a State Government plan, that they say, will allow the Transport Minister to close regional rail lines and sell-off the land without consulting parliament.
Save Our Rail’s primary concern is the retention of the Newcastle rail line, but they share the concerns of other rural communities who have already lost, or face losing, rail infrastructure.
Local mayors, Greens and Opposition MPs joined the protestors outside parliament, claiming the attack on public transport links is a thinly disguised grab for cash.
You may also be interested in:
- GOVERNMENT DEFENDS TRANSPORT FUNDING
- TOOT BLOWS OFF STEAM ON MACQUARIE STREET
- COMMUNITY SAYS TAMWORTH PUBLIC TRANSPORT NEEDS HELP
- ALLIANCE HOSTING PRESENTATION AT NSW PARLIAMENT
- NEWCASTLE RAIL LINE TO BE CUT
- Phil Singh commented on SUPPORT FOR OLD SYDNEY TOWN
- Janakan Srikhanta commented on FOSSIL FUEL INDUSTRY SET TO SELF COMBUST, FORUM HEARS
- jacki wright commented on MAN’S BEST FRIEND CELEBRATED
- Show Me The Data commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING
- Christine Dixon commented on HUNDREDS ATTEND GLOUCESTER CSG MEETING