DUST STORM DESCENDS ON STATE
September 23, 2009 at 9:15 am
Like most of the state this morning, the mid north coast has been shrouded in a blanket of dust – unlike anything it’s seen in years.
The sun looked more like a moon this morning as the thick cloud of dust rolled in from the far west of the state.
Flights were affected in and out of Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour and Taree and visibility in town centres was reduced to a few hundred metres.
We’ll have more on NBN News tonight at six.
You may also be interested in:
- COFFS AIRPORT SHROUDED IN DUST
- DUST SETTLES OVER THE CENTRAL COAST
- DUST BLANKETS HUNTER
- FLIGHTS RESUME ON NORTH COAST
- NEWCASTLE DISAPPEARS UNDER CLOUD OF DUST
- Alisha butterfield commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jane-E commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Christine commented on COUNCIL APPROVES PLANS FOR LAKE MACQUARIE SUBURB
- Jodie commented on GOLD COAST MAN HIT BY CAR WHILE HELPING KOALA
- Peter Chamberlain commented on NEW PUSH FOR LAKE MAC CAPITAL