NATIONALS FIGHT TO CHANGE MINING LAWS
January 9, 2009 at 5:19 pm
Nationals senator, Barnaby Joyce, has defended his party’s apparent backflip in the Senate.
It relates to a water bill which would have made coal mining applications more stringent.
Angry landholders on the Liverpool Plains met with Senators today, and their concerns were put to rest with a promise the Nationals will fight to change mining laws.
You may also be interested in:
- CAROONA FARMERS MEET WITH NATIONALS
- GOVERNMENT REFUSES CAROONA COAL STUDY
- SENATE INQUIRY VISITS GUNNEDAH
- CAROONA CONFIDENCE BOOST
- FARMERS FIGHT BHP COAL QUEST
- FRED CONSIDINE commented on TROJANS SIGN FORMER WALLABY
- Alisha butterfield commented on SCOTT SNODGRASS’S FAMILY TELLS OF THEIR LOSS
- Jane-E commented on SLEEPING OUT TO SEND A MESSAGE
- Christine commented on COUNCIL APPROVES PLANS FOR LAKE MACQUARIE SUBURB
- Jodie commented on GOLD COAST MAN HIT BY CAR WHILE HELPING KOALA